Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Life is full with surprises

With Ghaziy's presence me n hubby's life is always full with unexpected circumstance.

Knowing to conceive Ghaziy in April 2010 was the very best surprise I could ever imagine.

Delivering him 2 weeks from the due date was another surprise that rise my adrenalin.

However... Not all surprises are that great to be accepted.

On 1st May 2011, the little guy turned blue and was admitted to pediatric HKL. I had never imagine that he could be so much ill.

Me and hubby had an instinct that Ghaziy is different and isn't developing like his peers. We searched and google the possibility that he could be among children with cerebral palsy, floppy baby and delay development child.

It turned out that he holds worst expectation could one have. SPINAL MUSCULAR ATROPHY TYPE I (SMA).

Anyone heard of it? I had never heard of it. The horrifying surprise was when the doctors informed me and hubby that our dear son will not make it to the age of 2. Adding to it is that most babies couldn't even make it to their 1st birthday and most only holding till they're 6 months.

It took me weeks to understand the disease. Yet, accepting the fact that my baby will soon leaving me is terrifying. So, what I did is not to think negative and always put myself in optimist zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment